The temperature of the Earth’s atmosphere is increasing drastically due to many factors like global warming, greenhouse effect etc. and it has become impossible for mankind to live without an appliance that keeps them cool. Air-conditioners and coolers have their own ways of controlling the room temperature but they are expensive and consume a lot of power. Also, these appliances cannot be used when running on an inverter. At times like these, ceiling fans come to the rescue of human beings. The ceiling fans provide wind-like cooling effect, consume less power when compared to air-conditioners and coolers and can also run on inverters. Ceiling fans have also updated their design and features to please the modern society and they also add an attractive appeal to your room.
Although the ceiling fans consume low power and are inexpensive compared to other cooling appliances, proper measures need to be taken so that your money is not wasted and you purchase a perfect fan to suit your requirement. We have listed down a few features that might help you in picking the ideal ceiling fan for your house:
- Bigger rooms need bigger fans: Choose the fan according to the area of room you want to install it in so that the air circulated throughout the room can provide you with the required cooling effect without having the need to sit right under the fan. For this, some manufacturing companies provide charts to match the area of the room with the right ceiling fan diameter.
- Higher CFM: CFM infers to ‘cubic feet of air flow per minute’. Ceiling fans with higher CFM values provide more cooling effect than the ones with comparatively low CFM values. Ceiling fans with CFM values between 6000-7000 provide the best cooling effect.
- Motor performance: Ceiling fans are the devices that run throughout the day in most of the cases, so it would be better if we choose a fan that is quiet without lowering the cooling effect. DC motors have been considered the best to provide these features but they are a little expensive compared to ceiling fans with other kinds of motors.
- Blades: Lesser the number of blades more is the cooling effect that it can provide. Ceiling fans with three blades are the most efficient in terms of cooling while fans with more number of blades are attractive to the eyes.The angle of the blades is also an important factor. Blades with angles between 12-14 degrees are more efficient in circulating the air throughout the room.
- Efficiency: Ceiling fans with an average of 70 watts electric capacity are more efficient and these kinds of fans provide more cooling effect at lower speeds so that the noise is minimised and cooling effect is enhanced.
Also, ceiling fans can be used for heating the room in winters by simply changing the direction of its rotation with the help of a switch provided on its base.
Top Ceiling Fans Canada
Here are a few ceiling fans that you might like-
1. Prominence Home Ceiling Fan
- LOW PROFILE DESIGN: Hugger ceiling fan, built for rooms where extra space is needed.
- SMALL TO MEDIUM SIZED ROOMS: Perfect for rooms around 350 square feet such as living rooms,...
- QUIET, REVERSIBLE MOTOR: Conveniently quiet, 3 speed - reversible motor. Can be run in the...
- TWO-SIDED CEILING FAN BLADES: Get the perfect finish match with our reversible ceiling fan...
- FLUSH MOUNT: Two piece CRS hugger mounting system included.
Prominence Home satisfies the user’s requirement with high quality and low cost design. It emphasises more on product quality and inherits traditional design to make its products appealing to the eyes.
This ceiling fan is brushed nickel in colour with the dimensions 58.42 x 33.02 x 30.48 cm and the blades are 42 inches long. It is made of steel and can be mounted into the surface of the ceiling. The additional materials like screws and chains are provided to make the installation hassle-free. It is mostly suitable for small and medium sized rooms with an area between 300-400 square feet. It has a motor that can run at low, medium and high speeds and can also be reversed to provide warmth in cold conditions hence, minimising the electricity consumption. It is embedded at the centre with an opaque light and pull chains are provided for easy turn on and off which can be swapped with a remote control in other cases.
The blades are designed to be used in both the directions adding another attractive appeal to its features. It requires a minimum of 120 Volts for its operation. It also comes with a lifetime warranty which is probably not needed at all.
2. Westinghouse Ceiling Fan
- tool garage organizer fashion garadge home megnetic magneic gladiator marbled toll garden...
This ceiling fan comes with a gun metal finish and blades that are black/graphite in colour. Its frosted design with an alloy makes the fan look have a pleasant appeal to the modern generation. This fan has a motor made of silicon steel and a capacitor that makes the motor efficient and silent in its operating condition. The fan is designed to operate at three different speeds- low, medium and high and the blades can also be reversed to provide both heating and cooling effect, thus satisfying the need of the customer all throughout the year.
The fan requires a minimum power of 51 Watts for its operation when it is used without the light with an efficiency of 4083 cubic flow of air units per minute. The blades are three in number and are made thin to ensure air is circulated throughout the room. The blade length is 42 inches and the dimensions are 46.99 x 23.5 x 26.54 cm. Additional rods are also provided to adjust the height of the ceiling fan according to the size of the room and a remote control feature is provided to adjust the speed. Two incandescent lights are also embedded at the centre of the fan to enhance its design. The motor is also provided with lifetime warranty.
3. Honeywell Ceiling Fan
- QUALITY DESIGN: Features a brushed nickel finish, 3 black matte ceiling fan blades with a...
- REMOTE CONTROL: Included remote control with 3-speed settings, 'Smart Sync' for quick setup,...
- QUIET REVERSIBLE MOTOR: Conveniently quiet, 3 speed, reversible motor that can be run in...
- MEDIUM TO LARGE SIZED ROOMS: 54 inch blades, which are designed for medium to large sized rooms...
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Limited Lifetime Manufacturer's Warranty.Brushed Nickel Finish
This ceiling fan is made of brushed nickel with three frosted blades and two spiral-shaped incandescent bulbs embedded at the centre. The fan is made of metal, glass and wood with the dimensions- 24.69 x 29.31 x 62.79 cm. The fan can be operated at three different speeds- low, medium and high and can also be adjusted using a remote control. It is also incorporated with sensors so that it automatically dims the light when people are not around.
The direction of the motor rotation can be changed to provide both heating and cooling effect according to the user’s requirement. The blade length is 54 inches and hence, these fans are suitable for medium and large rooms. The fan requires a minimum AC power of 53 Watts for its operation and a voltage of 120 Volts. It has an excellent efficiency of 5736 cubic units of air flow capacity per minute which makes it one of the most desirable ceiling fans in the modern market. Its contemporary design also makes the ceiling and the interior of the room more appealing.
4. Canarm Ceiling Fan
- Industrial/vintage styling in a Graphite finish
- Metal cage style shades - adjustable heads, pull chain switches
- Uses 3 60W Type a bulbs (not included)
- 52 inch - motor size:153 x 15mm, lead wire: 45 inch shade size: 3 1/2” w x 6 3/8” H”...
- Dual mount - blade Pitch 10 degrees -5 year warranty
This ceiling fan is made of a sophisticated design consisting of five blades of length 52 inches and three 60 Watts bulbs incorporated at the centre. It is graphite in colour and has a vintage design for an antique look with the dimensions 30.48 x 30.48 x 17.78 cm. It can be mounted on the ceiling in two ways- on the surface (extended) and into the surface (flush mount). It also has pull chain switches for easy adjustments.
The motor is powerful and quiet in operation. It requires a minimum power of 180 Watts at 120 Volts for its operation and is made of pure metal. The direction of rotation of the blades can be reversed to provide both heating and cooling effects and hence, it can be used throughout the year without disappointing the user. Its vintage model and plush oak design adds beauty to the room.
5. CO-Z 52” Ceiling Fan
- The heavy duty and elaborately designed 52-inch indoor ceiling fan in brushed nickel finish is...
- 3 fan speeds allow you to maintain your ideal comfort level. Convenient handheld remote control...
- Reversible motor allows you to change the direction of your fan seasonally, for a cooling...
- Etched opal glass with a 15W (3000K) LED panel light inside provides natural white light which...
- Super quiet motor delivers ultra-powerful air movement with whisper-quiet performance so you...
This ceiling fan is made of stainless steel with a brushed nickel finish. It has two blades that are 52 inches long and weighs 7.6 kilograms. The dimensions are 72.4 x 33.8 x 29 cm and works on alternating current supply. The fan is designed to operate at three different speeds- low, medium and high to suit the user’s comfort and can be handled using a remote control. The direction of rotation of the blades can be reversed to provide both heating and cooling effects to suit the user’s requirement and can hence be used throughout the year.
The fan is also embedded with a 15 Watt LED at the centre that illuminates white light and can be easily removed and replaced. The motor is also provided with holes to allow heat exchange thus, keeping the motor at ambient temperature. The motor used is of a high standard which provides good efficiency and keeps the room silent.
6. Hunter Fan
- The WhisperWind Motor delivers ultra-powerful air movement with quiet performance so you get...
- Fan Blade Length - 42 inches. 13 degree blade pitch optimized to ensure ideal air movement and...
- Quiet for Life - Exclusive Hunter Motor Technology & Hanging system ensure it will remain quiet...
- Blades are specially coated using Hunter's patented, Dust Armor nanotechnology which repels up...
- Low Profile design is ideal for flush-mount installation in rooms with low ceilings....
This ceiling fan has blades of 42 inches with an angle of rotation 13 degrees to ensure the air is circulated throughout the room without hindering its performance. This fan is designed to operate with extremely silent features so that the user does not get disturbed under any condition. The blades are specially designed with nanotechnology to avoid accumulation of any kind of dust particles on its surface. The fan can be mounted directly on to the surface of the ceiling, hence the ceiling looks more appealing.
It is bronze in color with the dimensions 106.68 x 106.68 x 19.13 cm. It is also provided with three speed pull chains to ensure easy adjustment. It requires a minimum power of 57 Watts at 120 Volts for its operation. This fan has an efficiency of 2902 Cubic feet per minute of air flow capacity which helps in keeping the room cool by fast circulation of air. The fan can be operated at three different speeds and can also be handled using a remote control, and its blades can be reversed so that the fan rotates in the opposite direction to provide both heating and cooling effect and can hence be used throughout the year under economic conditions.
7. Emerson Ceiling Fan
- Indoor ceiling fan with 5 reversible dark-cherry/medium-oak blades
- Oil-rubbed bronze finish; wooden chain pulls; amber scavo-glass globe
- Precision-Lock blade arms; mounting bracket for flush or downrod mounting
- Uses 3 60-watt candelabra bulbs (included); switch cover for fan-only installation
- Measures 50 inches in diameter by 14-4/5 inches high; limited lifetime motor warranty
This fan has five blades of length 46-50 inches which are coated with oak or dark cherry. It is oil rubbed bronze in color with the dimensions 127 x 127 x 127 cm. It is made of wood and is circular in shape. It can be mounted directly onto the surface of the ceiling and the direction of air flow can be reversed to suit the user’s requirement. It is designed to operate with a minimum power of 60 Watts at 120 Volts. It also has three 60 Watt Candelabra bulbs that are incorporated at the centre which can be easily removed and replaced.
It is provided with two strings- one for the light and the other for the fan for easy turn on and off. It has a vintage design that adds up to the beauty of the room. This fan has an efficiency of 5224 Cubic feet per minute which ensures air circulated throughout the room and keeps the room cool. It can also be handled with a remote control for easy adjustments and the fan is also easy to install. This fan is also provided with a lifetime motor warranty.
8. Haiku Home Smart Ceiling Fan
- FAN SETTINGS: 7 speeds, Whoosh mode (which simulates natural breezes), eco mode, and Timer
- BALANCED: factory-balanced and sound tested to ensure fan will never wobble, rattle or click
- LIGHT SETTINGS: integrated LED light kit features 16 distinct brightness settings and emits a...
- REMOTE: included slimline IR remote is wall mount capable and provides simple, convenient...
- SMART: included WIFI module allows control with free Haiku smart phone app (iOS and Android) to...
This fan is tested to ensure hassle free experience to the user. It can be used both indoors and outdoors. It is white in color with the dimensions 132.08 x 132.08 x 28.96 cm. It is made of plastic and is designed to operate with a minimum power of 20 Watts at 120 Volts. The sound level is tested to ensure it keeps the room quite with a sound less than 35 decibels. The blades are of 52 inches length and the motor is designed to operate with a lithium ion battery.
It is also embedded with an LED bulb with 16 different levels of brightness which are adjustable. It can be controlled using an IR remote or with a phone (i-phone and Android) using the free Haiku Home mobile app. It is also designed to work with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant for voice recognition and control.
The fan can be connected to a wi-fi module for easy communication and the direction of rotation of blades can be reversed to provide both heating and cooling effect and can hence be used throughout the year. It comes with a glossy finish that is elegant and appealing to the eyes. This is one of the smart ceiling fans available in the market with an award winning design and is hence highly recommended by most of the customers.
9. Portage Bay Ceiling Fan
This fan comes with a blended design of matte black blades complemented with a Siberian Walnut finish. It has a frosted dome that reflects light at its centre. The blade length is 52 inches embedded with a robust motor to minimise the noise without hindering its operation. It is suitable for rooms with 20 x 20 ft dimensions.
It consists of five blades that rotate at an angle of 12 degrees to ensure air circulation throughout the room. It can be operated at three different speeds- low, medium and high and the motor can be reversed to provide cooling effect in summers and heating effect in winters. It is white in colour with the dimensions of 50.57×21.46×27.05 cm and has a light embedded at the centre which produces a brightness of 780 Lumens. These LED bulbs can also be replaced with CFL bulbs that are compatible. This fan is also easy to install and has an attractive look at an economic price hence, it is highly recommended by most customers. The fan can be mounted inside the surface of the wall so that it does not spoil the outlook of the ceiling. This fan is highly efficient and also saves energy.