- Can you use three words to describe the identity of your label?
- Comfort, minimalism, elegance
- What did you think about “Made in China” 5 years ago and what about now?
- Based on my impression, 5 years ago, China was at the bottom of the whole industry chain- manufacturing products from orders overseas. However, many passionate, talented young designers have brought the new meaning to the concept of “made in China”.
- Who would you consider as the most important people in your career life?
- The group of people who have been helping me to build the brand from the very beginning. I’m very grateful.
- What do you think you would be doing if you didn’t become a designer?
- I think I’d still be a designer. Besides designing, I can’t think of any other professions I’d be interested in doing.
- What’s your favourite city in the world, and why?
- San Fransisco. The weather is so beautiful there and people are very friendly. More importantly, it’s not as chaotic as New York so it allows designers to have a peaceful mind set when seeking for new inspirations.
- What is your favourite fabric to work with?
- Anything cotton. Not only the texture is very comfortable, it’s also very environmental friendly.
- If you have to pick only one shade of colour for you to work with for the rest of your life, which one would it be?
- Coffee or tea?
- Cats or dogs?
- Fill in the blank. I cannot live without___.
Since the age of 10, Michelly Mo spent most of her school days sketching and drawing. She may not be a teacher’s favourite, but was definitely a rule breaker, a creative thinker and a risk taker. When most teenagers were still trying to figure out what to do with their lives, Mo already stepped into the real world and founded her namesake label at the age of 18. Without any professional designing training, Mo knew that it' would't be easy to achieve what she wanted. But to her, hope was bigger than fear. Spending days and nights in her studio learning and practicing, she finally debuted her first collection two years after founding her label. Her unique taste on mixing fabrics, good eyes on finding the flattering silhouettes, and authentic approach to everyday wear were the key elements to her success.
- WuXi, China
MICHELLY MO is a contemporary label focuses on creating wearable, effortless pieces with flattering and feminine silhouettes for the urban modern woman. As the creative brain behind the brand, Michelly spends a lot of time each year travelling around the world to source special, high-quality fabrics and seek for inspirations. Thoughtful and approachable designs allow MICHELLY MO to bring the essential pieces back to life yet still stay unique and authentic.