- Can you use three words to describe the identity of your label?
- Quality, class, individuality.
- What did you think about “Made in China” 5 years ago and what about now?
- China has a lot of resources, including materials and labour. My hometown is Foshan, one of the cities in “Pearl River Delta”. “Pearl River Delta” Economic Zone is one of China’s major manufacturing centers. Even though China is still considered a developing country, more comprehensive laws and regulations have been issued and implemented in the past 10 years. Government has more control over manufacturing. “Made-in-China” has given a lot more confidence than before.
- Who would you consider as the most important people in your career life?
- My father, who is also an entrepreneur in the creative field.
- What do you think you would be doing if you didn’t become a designer?
- I think I would be a teacher, either maths or English grammar. Believe it or not, I love maths.
- What’s your favourite city in the world, and why?
- Geneva. French influence is widespread. The whole city is like a movable gallery, which is very classy.
- What is your favourite fabric or leather to work with?
- I really like Nappa Leather. It is the first layer of cowhide, light weight but very durable, has a touch of sheen and smells good too.
- If you have to pick only one shade of colour for you to work with for the rest of your life, which one would it be?
- Coffee or tea?
- Cats or dogs?
- Fill in the blank. I cannot live without___.
From an English teacher to an image consultant, from an international student to an established handbag designer, from a businesswoman to a mother, Minling Pan’s success didn’t come easily. Graduated from Jinan University in China with honours, pan moved to Canada to pursue her passion in fashion design. With a strong vision in mind, she wanted to create a handbag label for modern, independent and confident women.
- Toronto, Canada
- George Brown College
Min is a Toronto-based handbag and clutch label caters to stylish women who want to own a go-to piece for any occasions. A brunch date, an evening party, a summer wedding...Min has everything for anyone. Made with the finest nappa leather, their special tassel handbag collection was featured in LOULOU magazine, Yahoo Canada and Metro, just to name a few. To min, style is individual, which is perfectly inline with the core vision of Sashion.